A legal nurse consultant is first a practitioner of nursing.
The legal nurse consultant uses existing expertise as a health care professional to consult and educate clients on specific medical and nursing issues. Typically, this would include attorneys, insurance companies, health care facilities, private corporations and any other health care related group.
As a Certified Wound Care Specialist and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, I provide services to include:
- Screening medical malpractice cases for merit
- Defining applicable standards of care
- Summarizing and interpreting medical records
- Developing chronological timelines with reports
- Conducting literature searches
- Attend depositions, trials and affidavit’s
- Areas in both hospital, nursing home, clinic and home locations
References – available upon request