I earned my Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing degree from the University of Mississippi. My certification for Family Practice was award by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. I received my wound management education from the University of Washington in Seattle and received my certification from the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Certification Board.
I have active membership in professional organizations that include: the American Nurses Association, Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau, Association for the Advancement of Wound Care, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the Mississippi Nurses Association (past state treasurer and president).
I presently speak for wound product companies and for continuing education related to wound care and related procedures. I have established wound clinics and serve as a wound care provider.
- Nurse Practitioner for 10 years
- Wound Specialist for 10 years
- Established a business plan, implemented it and successfully opened two Wound Care Clinics
- Consult to Wound Clinics and Practitioners providing standard of care for Wound Management
- Speak for on Wound Topics – Examination, Diagnosis, Planning, Prevention, Education of providers and patients, Procedures, Dressings and Advanced Modalities
- Precept for those seeking Wound Certification
- Annually Update on Reimbursement, Documentation Guidelines, and Health Care Changes
- Support the Wound Care and Nursing Profession with my membership and participation at Education and Legislative Events
- Wound Business Owner since 2009
- President of the Mississippi Nurses Association – 2009 through 2013
- Mississippi Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Association For the Advancement of Wound Care
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing and the local Theta Beta
- Chapter at the University of Mississippi School of Nursing
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society
- International Medical Missions